Thursday, January 2, 2014

Seeing the World

Isn't it crazy, how in our one existence, we only see small snippets of the world?  Sure, we can go places and see things…but different things happen in those places at different times all the time and there's just so many places in this big world of ours.  No one can truly see the world.  You can go to each and every country on this Earth if you wanted to but I think the world is more than just locations.  It's words, traditions, people, food, 'remember-that-time-when' moments, smiles….everything that makes each and every place and moment unique.  For me, I want to see as much of those things as possible and to do that I can't just go on a trip and rapidly try to fit in as many locations as possible.  I have to stay a little longer in one place and just live in the moment and enjoy the now.  I need to have conversations with people, experience things and just live.  It's much simpler than it seems.  People who are always on the go never truly enjoy where they've been or what they're doing.  Those people may have been more places, but have not seen a lot of world.  It's a much better idea to go to one place and truly experience what the place has to offer instead of going many places and maybe only experiencing one thing at each place.  
And in the end, life isn't about where you've been or what you have.  It's about the experiences that you've had and what you've learned from those experiences.  

So, seriously, stop to smell the roses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment