Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Banff

This past weekend I went to Banff with my wonderful boyfriend.  I loved every minute of it including the long car ride there to the time spent skiing in the mountains to the warm, relaxing hot springs.  The mountain skiing was amazing.  It was my first time doing any kind of snow sport in the mountains.  The only place Teagan and I have ever gone skiing and snowboarding is a hill called Hidden Valley in Saskatchewan.  If you know Saskatchewan, it isn't much for hills and I think that one may be one of the largest….
And so, you can imagine, when I got into a gondola at Sunshine Ski Village and rode up a mountain, I felt pretty overwhelmed.  I think the thing that struck me most was the amount of ski lifts that Sunshine had.  Hidden Valley has a single ski lift and I soon learned that Sunshine had probably more than ten.  The weather was so beautiful and the snow was so much nicer than the fake stuff at Hidden Valley.  It was so nice spending the day out on the mountain.  
Skiing was followed by a dip into the Banff hot springs which felt so good since I am actually so out of shape and was quite sore by that point.  We just sat and talked about all sorts of things while the warm water surrounded us.  It was nice :)
The whole weekend was really relaxing and just a good time.  I was so glad to spend some time with Teagan.  I love that man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment