So there I was, at noon today, sitting cross-legged in front of my fridge and trying to decide what to eat. My selection was limited (as it always was) and I wanted to cook up something that was creative and delicious. I had boughten some Pillsbury crescent rolls the other day and I decided that I would use those and stuff them with something else from my fridge. Looking through my shelves, I figured pre-cooked chicken, Swiss cheese and orange peppers was my best bet. Feeling like a cooking mastermind genius, I set to work making my creation (Please note: my cooking skills are VERY average at best). I wrapped the crescent rolls up with my fillings and put them in the oven. I made two with peppers, chicken and Swiss and two others with just chicken and Swiss. I was getting pretty hungry by this point since my lunches normally only take about 10 minutes to make. I looked in the oven and my crescents looked delicious with oozy Swiss cheese peeking out of the folds. When the timer rang, I quickly pulled my crescents out of the oven.
They smelled good.
They looked good.
There was no reason for them not to be good. Until I tasted them. They did not taste good at all! The first one that I tried had the peppers in it and I thought 'Well, maybe it's only the peppers making them taste bad' hoping my cooking wasn't such a failure. I tried the other one. Still gross. Dismayed, I put them down and threw them in the garbage, watching my attempt at a good meal go down the drain. So, if you ever feel like chicken and cheese in crescent rolls will taste good, you are sadly mistaken.
Needless to say, my lunch in the end consisted of a yogurt, the two crescent rolls I had made without any filling whatsoever and a glass of milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment